FICO Australia’s fire equipment, services and maintenance are crucial to ensuring the safety of your people and property from the threat of fires. Proper installation, inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire equipment are critical to ensuring that they work effectively in the event of a fire.
Fire extinguishers are an essential safety item that can help to suppress a fire before it gets out of control. Learning how to use them correctly, and choosing ones suited to your environment, is vital in ensuring the safety of those inside. They should be inspected regularly and should always be used and maintained appropriately in order to maximise their efficiency.
Fire Extinguisher Maintenance & Testing
FICO Australia Fire Protection Services supplies, installs, tests and services all types and sizes of portable and fixed fire extinguishers for all classes of fire. FICO Australia provides training in the proper use of fire extinguishers to management and staff.
We can help you to select the correct type and size of extinguisher to meet the needs of your site(s). Some standard types of fire extinguishers are:
- Carbon Dioxide CO2 Fire Extinguishers: recommended for Class ‘E’ electrical hazard fires for energized electronic equipment such as computers, switchboards, power-boards, etc.
- Foam Fire Extinguishers: recommended for fires involving paper, textiles, wood, plastics, rubber, plus petrol, oil and paints.
- Powder Fire Extinguishers: recommended for fires where the discharge of fine powder absorbs the fuel molecules, depriving the fire of a fuel source.
- Water Fire Extinguishers: recommended for fires involving paper, textiles, wood, plastics and rubber.
- Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers: recommended for fires involving oils and fats.
- Sapphire MRI Fire Extinguishers: recommended for fires in server rooms or areas with sensitive electronics as it uses a unique environmentally friendly chemical.
Contact FICO Australia and see how we can help you choose the right solutions for your Business or Organization.